Re: lynx-dev Problem with HTLoadFile?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with HTLoadFile?
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:05:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Rob Partington wrote:
> In message <address@hidden>,
>            Klaus Weide writes:
>
> > If you want access via HTTP, you need (directly or indirectly) HTLoadHTTP.
> >
> > Don't confuse any of these with HTLoad, which is generic (and PRIVATE
> > to HTAccess.c).
>
> Unfortunately, that's what I need.  Now tell me there's no way of doing
> a generic "load_this_url" call?

Sure, several of them, at various levels...
ordered roughly from closer-to-user to closer-to-protocol:
  getfile
  HTLoadAbsolute
  ( maybe more HTLoad* - some may be coded in HTAccess.c but unused )
  HTLoadDocument
  HTLoad

They just all take more than a URL, they want URL-plus-some-more filled
into some structure(s).  That's more or less necessary since some stuff
(post_data, isHEAD) is effectively treated as an extension of the address
('url').

   Klaus