Re: lynx-dev bug in comments process

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bug in comments process
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:37:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Eduardo Chappa L. wrote:

>   Well here is a web page where there is a series of <script> </script>
> tags that are misunderstood by lynx. The output you see includes the
> comments after one </script> inside a comment in the header.

Read <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/appendix/notes.html#h-B.3.2.1>.
(Well, *they* should read it.)  There are better explanations out their.

What looks like the start of a comment to you isn't really one to SGML,
since it is within SCRIPT content.

>   http://www.brunching.com/features/feature-disneywarnings.html
>
>   Also in this page there is a link that you can read as "click here".
> Does anyone have a nice output? I remember having compiled lynx with cgi
> support, maybe there's something I am doing wrong... don't know.

No, their site's screwed up that's all.  Lynx treats text/plain as
text/plain, as it should.

   Klaus