lynx-dev lynx-from-a-script fixed (was Re: Slang - ncurses - TeraTerm)

From: Michael Warner
Subject: lynx-dev lynx-from-a-script fixed (was Re: Slang - ncurses - TeraTerm)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 23:29:43 -0700

On or about 29 Jul, 1999, SELF3
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On or about 29 Jul, 1999, T.E.Dickey
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>       [...]
>
> > That sounds right.  Perhaps you can do this (force lynx to read from
> > /dev/tty):
> >
> >   #!/usr/local/bin/tcsh
> >   formail -I "" $1 | ${HOME}/bin/scripts/txt2html.pl --mail >
> > /tmp/warner/mutt-tmp.html
> >   ${HOME}/bin/lynx -blink -nopause -preparsed /tmp/warner/mutt-tmp.html
> > </dev/tty
> >   rm /tmp/warner/mutt-tmp.html
> >
> > That's because curses reads from stdin and writes to stdout (standards are
> > useful).  I guess slang doesn't follow that standard, if it "works" in that
> > case.  The shell script's stdin is passed down to subprocesses, but you can
> > override any of them.
>
> I'll see what that does, thanks.

Bless you, sir.  That seems to have cleared up the problem with
vim not working from lynx called by a script.  Now I can edit my
lynx.cfg & reload when I'm checking out those lynx-dev problem
pages.  Lynx as HTML development/debugging environment?  EMACS
better watch its back :)

I don't have a ncurses lynx at the moment, but I'll see if the
immediate-exit problem goes away too with this fix.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>