Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.5

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.5
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 23:32:02 -0400 (EDT)

at the risk of -- nay, with the intention of -- starting a debate,
aren't we beginning to add too many esoteric features to Lynx,
ie things a single user offers a patch for
without satisfying a previously expressed want, long-felt or otherwise?

also, should we not require that new features be accompanied
by patches to Lynx documentation by the programmer or someone else,
if the programmer's English is not upto it, as is sometimes the case?
as things stand, features get added without advice how to use them.

also, are we ever prepared to remove a feature from Lynx?
eg do we still want to include support for gopher & news
and might there be a case for dropping traversal,
given that it can get Lynx blackballed & is replaceable by wget?
if we aren't prepared ever to drop things,
should we not be more cautious about continuing to add them?