Re: lynx-dev the necessity of numbering each line in textarea if "links

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev the necessity of numbering each line in textarea if "links and form fields are numbered"
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 15:29:09 +0500 (SAMST)

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Gene Collins wrote:

> Rather than eliminate the numbering of all text areas in a form, why not
> change the rendering of forms so that only one form field is allowed on
> a line?  Numbering of form fields is especially useful to blind people,
> as it allows them to jump to a particular place in the form, without
> having to traverse the intire form or page using the arrow keys.  For
> that matter, from my standpoint as a blind user, it would be useful if
> Lynx had a mode where by the fields in a form would not be edited until
> the user pressed enter on the field, and pressing enter after the edit
> would accept the edits.  This would allow the user to move between links
> and form fields randomly, without having to use the arrow keys to get
> out of a form.  I don't speak C, so I have no idea how difficult or
> simple theese suggestions would be to implement, but I would certainly
> find them to be useful.  It would seem to me that changing the way forms
> are rendered would not only solve the problems you mention, but would
> also make the information more readable for blind folks.

 The mode you requested (editing text fields starts only after activating
text field) is implemented and ready for use in lynx-2.8.3dev5 released 2 days
ago  (use commandline option '--sticky-inputs-' to enable such mode)
(implemented by me).

 I've read you next message (when you corrected yourself).
>[...]

 Best regards,
  -Vlad