Re: lynx-dev Command-line options and DOS [patch]

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Command-line options and DOS [patch]
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 01:55:14 -0600

On Sat, Jul 31, 1999, Doug Kaufman (address@hidden) said:

| I propose a few changes to improve this. Firstly, I added the value
| ":" as a separator between the option and its value. This makes it
| much easier under DOS. I didn't see where it would adversely impact
| other systems. If it does, it can be ifdef'd to __DJGPP__.

Depends on how you define "adverse impact", I suppose, but ...

Many UNIX utilities (particularly gnu stuff) use the --option=value
syntax, whereas nothing that I'm aware of uses a ":" as a separator
for such cmd line args.

To avoid a confusing exception to common existing usage/syntax, I'd
really prefer to see the ":" alternate ifdef'd for DOS, and not used
in UNIX builds.

/kim