Re: lynx-dev anyone else here using mail.yahoo.com ?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev anyone else here using mail.yahoo.com ?
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 03:46:44 -0500 (CDT)

I am not using mail.yahoo.com.

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> yahoo.com's cookies are supposed to last for 8 hours.  But I see inconsistent
> life spans on them.  When I am using lynx, it seems like they last an hour
> or so before they disappear.  I am wondering if anyone who understands
> cookie life span better would happen to know what is going on - or at least
> provide some ideas for me to examine.

Maybe there is a timezone problem.  But there shouldn't be, since
times should always be in GMT (except for some ctime() strings used
only for display).

Check the "maximum gobble date" on the Cookie Jar Page.

If you think lynx sets those expiration times incorrectly, you'll
have to compare with the actual strings set by the server.
(Trace log, maybe HEAD)

But if the cookies are supposed to be expired not by the client, but
by the server (by overriding), there isn't much useful you could see
on the client side.

   Klaus