Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx 2.8.3.dev5: some little (key) problems.

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx 2.8.3.dev5: some little (key) problems.
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 09:14:16 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Frederic L. W. Meunier wrote:

> Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:
> >So it seems 2.8.3dev.4 fixed recognition of your "Delete" key
> >(or "Remove key", in lynx's terms), but you call it broken -
> >so what did "Delete" do before?
>
> Hmm, the delete key is used by Lynx? If no, it's only a problem with the
                                          ^  "so"?
> backspace.

> Actually the delete key moves to the end of the screen, line by
> line.

It should be by two lines, not by one line, please check more carefully.

> The backspace key shows the history page, right?

It should, by default.

> I get the same result
> of the delete key. It worked fine using 2.8.2.rel1 with the same
> configuration. I use rxvt 2.7.0 (CVS), don't set TERM and don't have a

I am quite sure that you have a TERM variable set - whether by you
explicitly or by rxvt automatically.  So let us know what it is.

> .lynx-keymaps file. Both keys work fine with other applications.

Check what bytes those two keys actually send.
The absolute simplest way: in bash, type ^V, then the key in question.
You will see something like ^H or ^? or ^[[3~.

In linux you can use  showkey -a.

Compare that to what the terminfo for you $TERM says:
Do  infocmp -L
and look for:
   key_backspace
   key_dc