Re: lynx-dev Alert!: Unable to access document

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Alert!: Unable to access document
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 18:36:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Leonardo Albrizio wrote:

> > The slash on the end is important.  The fact that the environment variable
> > name is in lowercase is important too.  Your port number may be different.
> > > I forgot to say that I'm running also wwwoffle
> > > proxy (with both ftp and http server)
> >

> I used 'no_proxy: localhost' and 'no_proxy: *'
> in ~/lynx.cfg and browsed htt://localhost/
> with no prolems, but are always problems
> with remote hosts!

So it appears that you know how to specify "no_proxy", since you
managed to get the desired effect.   (there should be no space
after the ":" if you put it in lynx.cfg, but maybe it doesn't
hurt.)

I assume you specified your http_proxy (and others) in the
same palce, and used the right syntax, but it still doesn't work.

Start lynx with '-trace', and look at the trace log.
If you cannot figure out anything from it, let us see relevant
portions (probably close to the end).

   Klaus