Re: lynx-dev Keys with partial

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Keys with partial
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 20:12:14 -0400 (EDT)

>     _________________________________________________________________

>   Index][[6]Thread Index]
>
>                        Re: lynx-dev Keys with partial
>     _________________________________________________________________
>
>     * To: address@hidden
>     * Subject: Re: lynx-dev Keys with partial
>     * From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
>     * Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 23:49:54 -0500 (CDT)
>     * Sender: address@hidden
>     _________________________________________________________________
>
>On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
>
>> What is the logic behind nost navigation keys not working with partial
>> display set?  Most importantly, arrow keys, but mouse would be nice as
>> well.
>
>So try to do it, good luck.
>
>Many navigation keys don't make sense in a state where there is no
>notion of "current link".

This just restates my question: *why* there is no notion of "current"
link with "partial"?  Is it that nobody yet implemented this logic?

Given this, I see no reason for a separate "switch" in LyMainLoop.c
(sp?).

>> A reasonalbe behaviour of LEFT and RIGHT might to interrupt the
>> transfer as if 'z' was pressed.
>
>Please no.

I see why autorepeat can make this hard to tune-up.  Otherwise, it
should be a configuration option (possibly with a delay to ignore
repeated keypresses).

Ilya