lynx-dev lynxcgi and lynxexec problems

From: Paul Slootman
Subject: lynx-dev lynxcgi and lynxexec problems
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:32:18 +0200

Hi,

I'm new to this list, however, I couldn't find any answer to my problem
in the list archives so that shouldn't matter...

Anyway, my problem is this: I'm trying to build a sort of sysadmin menu
with lynx. This basically works pretty well (e.g. a typical menu choice
is "show printer queue" or "cancel a printer job", which are handled by
lynxcgi: URLs).

However, I can't get one thing to work, namely: calling a lynxexec: URL
from a page generated by a lynxcgi: URL.  The identical link works fine
from a .html file, but not if the exact same HTML is generated by a
lynxcgi script.

My experimentation has shown that it apparently *does* work when I use
lynx 2.8.1, but doesn't in 2.8.2.  I'd assume that I need to add some
sort of option in the lynx.cfg file, but I'm afraid I can't really
figure out what. IMHO the docs for TRUSTED_EXEC et.al. aren't that clear
(I could only find any info on those in the example lynx.cfg file
itself, are they explained anywhere else?)  E.g. what is the
significance of the <tab> (I assume an explicit tab is meant here :)
in the TRUSTED_EXEC option?

Thanks for any help,
Paul Slootman
--