Re: lynx-dev lynxcgi and lynxexec problems

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynxcgi and lynxexec problems
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 04:34:37 -0400 (EDT)

> > > Trust me, you want to understand the way lynxexec: etc. are controlled
> > > with TRUSTED_EXEC before you build something with it.
> >
> > Yes, that's clear. Unfortunately I couldn't really find any clear
> > docs (the docs directory in 2.8.2 only contains announces and change
> > logs, which is a bit disconcerting when you first look for more
     ^^^
> > information).
>
> If you are talking about the Debian (binary) package - you cannot rely
> on all uptream doc files being included (although in this case - about
> exec stuff - this is not the problem; but I reported a bug about some
> missing sample files).

Here's what the latest lynx 2.8.2 development release contains:

CHANGES2.3  CMU.announce             README.defines       pdcurses.key
CHANGES2.4  CRAWL.announce           README.defines.orig  slang.key
CHANGES2.5  FM.announce              SOCKETSHR.announce   win-386.announce
CHANGES2.6  IBMPC-charsets.announce  TCPWARE.announce
CHANGES2.7  OS-390.announce          VMSWAIS.announce
CHANGES2.8  README.chartrans         djgpp.key

Notice - change logs, announces, plus 2 READMEs, and the 3 files describing
keys.  Perhaps it would be worthwhile to consider us moving _most_ of the
rest of the documentation for lynx (About, CHANGES, COPYHEADER, PROBLEMS,
COPYING, INSTALLATION, help files, user guides, examples, samples, etc.)
into the docs directory where people would expect to find them?

--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
-><-