Re: lynx-dev MacLynx Development

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev MacLynx Development
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 06:58:07 -0400 (EDT)

> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded MacLynx and have been enjoying its use very much! The
> version I downloaded is called "beta 1" and was built on May 15, 1997. I
> downloaded the source code, ostensibly to learn from it and (I now wish) to
> improve the interface. However, it is labeled "Alpha 5."
>
> Is this "Alpha 5" the same source base as the MacLynx Beta 1 build? I would

probably - the newest file in that archive is dated May 18, 1997.
(that's my best guess).

> like to make sure I have access to the latest build for my purposes, and to
> communicate with the person(s) responsible for this Alpha 5 source.

if/when you do - bear in mind that it's still a couple of years old.  it
would be nice to make a newer port.  (I'm interested in helping to merge
the changes for MacLynx to the current 2.8.3dev.* series).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden