Re: lynx-dev Alert!: History List maximum reached! Document not pushed.

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Alert!: History List maximum reached! Document not pushed.
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:47:47 -0700

On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 04:03:09AM +0000, Frederic L. W. Meunier wrote:
> Hi. I'm running Lynx 2.8.3.dev5 since July 31 and today I keep getting what
> the subject
> says. What's the best way to stop this alert, or better, clear the History
> List without
> the need to run Lynx
> again?

Well, backing up one at a time is not cool, since you have
to actually *go* to each of those pages -- and if your stack
has overflowed, (history stack, that is), it's unlikely
that a whole of it is cached!

What is needed is a "pop <n>" command -- or if numbered-links
are on, then also "popto [n]".

Or an emacs-like dired-like thing, where you can type
"d" (or something) to "Delete" that one, that "d"
also taking you to the *next* line (as does emacs).

(Sorry, have never used dired from lynx.  Is there any
decent DOC for it?)

----

Another nice thing would be a switch and/or thing in the .cfg
for the SIZE of the history-stack.... (the printed default
showing the, uh, default).

----

I've been suggesting a "pop" for some time.

Now, finally, we have someone who's hit the limit, and
there's a real REASON for it.

Does anyone ELSE think it's now time to add it?

David