lynx-dev Re: LinuxApps: Lynx

From: Frederic L. W. Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev Re: LinuxApps: Lynx
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 18:58:29 +0000

Philip Webb <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi. It's me who announced this version at LinuxAPPS. I usually only
announce at freshmeat but...
>it's good to see it there, but the version listed is 2-8-3dev.5 ,
>which is the latest & not necessarily stable development version.
It's listed 2.8.3.dev6, no? At least in the news page. In the past
a problem occured while updating an application if a stable version
was available. If you had stable: x and devel: y and you announced
a devel version, it used the stable.
>would it not be more sensible to list the latest release 2-8-2rel.2 ,
>which is obtainable from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/
Sure. At least in the appindex. But you can't edit it without announcing
a new version.
>(your site gives the development URL  -/-/current/ )?
>it may be  dev.6  &  rel.3 : our i/net connection is down at the moment.
Where's rel.3? I only see 2.8.2, no rel.2 or 3.
Another thing... When I announce this version, I changed the contact
address, which was an URL because now LinuxAPPS only accept an email
address. I entered address@hidden, but yes, it's not the best
contact address... Any lynx-bugs@ ?

Essa mensagem foi enviada pelo Webmail Urbi Network
http://www.urbi.com.br/