lynx-dev unable to download long file (was: excuse me)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev unable to download long file (was: excuse me)
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 03:57:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I listened to the list for a whole, and I think this question may be
> an interrupt to discussions. So I apologize now

No need to apologize for that, but you need to describe your problem
better.

> The question:
>
> I try to download a 1 Mbytes file that can be access only
> with HTTP. protocol by lynx, but each time it stops on 68456 byte.
>
> Do you have any idea?

What operating system are you using?

What version of lynx?  Did you compile it yourself?  If not, where
did you get it?

Are you using a proxy?

How do you try to download?  (with the 'd' key, or with 'lynx -source'
or 'lynx -dump'?)

Can you give a URL?  Does it happen with other http: documents that are
longer than 68456 bytes?

How does lynx "stop"?  What exactly happens?

    Klaus