Re: lynx-dev Re: LinuxApps: Lynx

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: LinuxApps: Lynx
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 10:58:58 +0100 (BST)

>    it's dev., they *should* compile so we can find errors in the
>       installation procedures.

I wonder if it would be worth spoiling the dev versions so that
they are sufficiently annoying to use that plug-and-play users
will get the point that they are not plug-and-play versions.

Unfortunately, someone who disliked the policy could legally re-issue
them in cleaned up form, but one hopes that most of those who could
would appreciate the reasons.

Sorts of things I am thinking of are slow startups with block letter
warnings, and maybe a statement that the version will only be supported
if the problem reports show evidence of competence to handle development
quality software.