Re: lynx-dev -post_data sample please

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev -post_data sample please
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 01:54:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Reza wrote:

> I try to get the following form programmatically, by using -post_data:
>
>  <form method=POST
> action="http://auctions.amazon.com/exec/varzea/subsequent-query/qid=934502155/002-2579128-3212046";>
> <input type="hidden" name="subsequent-query"
> value="%28browse%5Fcategory%20%3D%20%2268682%22%29and%28enddate%20%3D%20%22934502155-%22%29">
> [ etc., snipped ]
>
> I have tried numerous variations of the command "lynx -post_data".  Non
> give correct results, even though some output totally irrevant stuff.  I
> am using RedHat Linux.  Please give a WORKING sample if you can.  Thank
> you.

Submit the form once normally, interactively.  From the resulting
page, invoke INFO ('=').  Under Post Data, you will find the string to
feed to -post_data (concatenate the several lines, do not include any
spaces).

If that does not work, it is up to you to provide more information:
what exactly you tried, and what you got as a result, and why you think
the result is wrong.

Oh yeah, it would help if you told us what version of lynx you are using.

   Klaus