Re: lynx-dev Re: Borland #if (was: lynx2.8.3dev.6)

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Borland #if (was: lynx2.8.3dev.6)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:52:42 -0400 (EDT)

> On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 01:24:45AM +0200, Gisle Vanem wrote:
> > On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Webmaster Jim wrote:
> > :Changing line 16 from a #if to a #ifdef allowed the compile to work, but
> > :is the wrong fix, as several have pointed out. However, I don't know
> > :what the correct fix is for the "Expression syntax", nor if it is there
> > :or in the included "HTParse.h" that is conditional.
> > :#if WIN_EX
> > :#include <HTParse.h>
> > :#endif
> > This is quite obvious; Somewhere in the makefile change '-dWIN_EX'
> > to '-dWIN_EX=1'
>
> All of the other references to WIN_EX that I can find in the source
> are one of:
>
> #if defined(WIN_EX)
> #ifdef WIN_EX
>
> I'm back to my original position that line 16 should be #ifdef not #if.
> That would stay consistent with Hiroyuki's style.

I wasn't disagreeing (since Lynx's overall style is the latter).  But this
issue came up with a different program (which uses the "#if WIN_EX" style),
so I wanted more information.

-- since it's nonstandard, and it's been quite a while since I came across
   a compiler with that particular defect...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden