lynx-dev Re: -post_data sample please

From: Yury Burkatovsky
Subject: lynx-dev Re: -post_data sample please
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:42:34 +0300 (IDT)

I use lynx 2.8.2pre.11 on HP-UX 10.20.

I do not know for sure if it hangs; I just waited for a while, then killed
the command and restarted with option -accept_all_cookies. Maybe too
hasty?

I'd say the hanging is not a bug: the default behaviour of lynx is "ask
user", and since stdin is redirected, the user cannot do anything about
accepting the cookie when lynx encounters it in offline mode.

One could use option -cookies instead of -accept_all_cookies in the
command, but there are many sites that reject access if the browser
denies their cookies. I did not test this particular form for -cookies.

Just now I cannot reassure if it really hangs: our FireWall server is
down.  Will return to this on Sunday.
 --
Regards,                                                |       /^^^\
        Yury                                            |     (| , , |)