Re: lynx-dev Win32/98 problem (was nothing)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Win32/98 problem (was nothing)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 18:00:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> 990823 U G Srikanth wrote:
> > i downloaded lynx for win32 from fdisk.com and installed it on Win 98.
> > The lynx.exe when executed says illegal operation perfomed.
>
> i can't help you with your problem,
> but with a more meaningful Subject someone else may notice it (DK?);

The binary from fdisk works well on my Win98 system. I suspect that
you may not have "installed" it correctly. This comes as a zip
archive. Did you unzip it and get a series of files? Did you modify
the lynx.bat file to reflect your directory structure? Did you create
a shortcut to the batch file from which to run lynx.exe? Let us know,
step-by-step what you did and give us the exact error message seen.
Try running lynx without other programs running to see if this avoids
the problem. If it does, then see which program causes the problem
when it is introduced.

Feel free to write to me off the list if the above doesn't help.
                              Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)