Re: lynx-dev User Agent

From: John Hawkinson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev User Agent
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:29:00 -0400 (EDT)

| > lynx-dev Special handling for TERM=sun
| > http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0799/msg00882.html
|
| and don't see the need for this (while I'm aware that wscons doesn't
| implement bold, neither does Solaris' terminfo use that combination
| - so it seems you're fixing something that's already known to be
| fixed)

Perhaps I was unclear.  lynx w/o this patch or something similar is
next to unusable under wscons because it implements bold and reverse
in the same way (reverse). While Solaris's terminfo doesn't use that
combination, lynx uses them both on the same screen, and you cannot
distinguish the currently active link from any other link.

Do you have an alternative solution to using lynx under wscons that
does not involve editting the terminfo definition to remove either the
reverse or bold capabilities (I think that is not an acceptable change
to force users to make; the only times I seem to use lynx under wscons
are when something is serious wrong and I'm in a hurry, and expecting
people to stop and debug weird terminfo "lossage" seems unfair).

--jhawk