lynx-dev Re: lynx for Win32 (from Japan)

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: lynx for Win32 (from Japan)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:50:42 -0400

On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 at 11:06:58AM -0400, Lloyd G. Rasmussen wrote:
> At 06:22 AM 8/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
> >On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Hiroyuki Senshu wrote:
> >
> >> Q1.
> >> As for not using sendmail.exe, why.
> >> used with Japanese environment the "Mail header".
> >> It can't be modified because a sauce code is non-opening
> >> to the public.
> >> These faults are not in Blat.
> >
> >The source of sendmail is non-open??  How can this be?
> >Sendmail is a Free program.
>
> There may be a Sendmail for Win/32 that is open-source, but the one I know
> of, which continues under development, is produced by Nigel Ellis, a
> programmer from Microsoft, and is $18 shareware.  More info at
>   http://www.green-bean.com/bcware/sendmail.htm
>
> He had some conversation with Fote on this list in April or May, 1997.

I can't find the conversations on www.flora.org, but in any case, the
sendmail EXE file in the Win32 version I use has this logo:

$ ./sendmail -v
Welcome to sendmail/NT, a mailer stub for Windows/NT and Windows/95.
(c) Nigel R. Ellis <address@hidden> 1994 - 1995.

This version built on Jun  5 1995 at 14:56:11

I don't see anything about shareware in the EXE.  The SENDMAIL.TXT file
says this:

This Win32 sendmail comes from the Tin archive at
ftp://ftp.wa.com/pub/users/ntnews/tin/utils

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
You're thinking along the wrong lines, You're failing to take
into account something fairly basic in the relationship between
men and robots.