Re: lynx-dev UCdomap changes - patch

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev UCdomap changes - patch
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:11:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> 23-Aug-99 14:57 Klaus Weide wrote:
> > There is a bit more code now, but otoh we don't need fake structures
> > that are mostly empty any more in UCdomap.h.  Lenonid and Henry, what
> > do you think?
>
> Looks reasonable. But I am not sure with `trydefault' and
> `SevenBitApproximation' - what should we change to revert x-transparent
> behaviour on entities as discussed before?  That's became non-trivial, IMO.

In

#define UC_CHARSET_SETUP_x_transparent
UC_Charset_NoUctb_Setup("x-transparent","Transparent",\
       1, 128,UCT_ENC_8BIT,0)

just change the first 1 to 0.  That seems to work fine as far as
I have tested.  It even gives us back the curious behaviour that
some NCRs (¡..ÿ?) get replaced by their entity equivalents
sometimes (in normal text, not attributes)...  (I think you noticed
that this happened some time ago, don't remember whether that really
was with "Transparent".)  Whether that should happen is another
question, but in a way it is kind of nice (but probably not really
appropriate for something called "transparent").

I don't see any probem with the `SevenBitApproximations' old-style
table.  UC_setup_LYCharSets_repl shouldn't do anything in this case
anyway, so we can jsut skip the call.  I didn't see any old-style
translations actually appear when I looked ad documents with
"Transparent" anyway.

   Klaus