Re: lynx-dev Sending mail

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Sending mail
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 21:45:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Harri Tuominen wrote:

> I noticed that I can't send mail when I choose "p" and "Mail the file". But
> mailto URLs work as they have done before. This happens with DOS port
> 2.8.3dev.5. I haven't had this kind of problem with earlier development
> versions.

Is this a copy that you compiled yourself, the one from my web site,
or a different compilation?

> I added a pause command to the sendmail.bat to see what is wrong, but it
> seems that Lynx didn't start the batch at all. In the lynx.cfg I have:
> SYSTEM_MAIL:sendmail
> When I choose a MAILTO link from a Web page, everything goes well.

I'll try to check this on my copy. I don't know that I've ever tried
to mail a file from the print menu. Which "sendmail" are you using? Is
this Alfredo Cole's "sendmail.exe" with the "sendmail.bat" file that I
wrote, or are you using tcpport.exe with mailout.exe?

> I also noticed that DOS port of Lynx doesn't translate character set
> from ISO-8859-1 to CP850, which I have set as display character set,
> when reading news articles.

This sounds strange. The DOS port only started doing news recently.
Perhaps something needs to be tweaked. How do you know that it isn't
translating the character sets? Did you try setting your display
character set to something else (say ISO-8859-1)? Are the displays
identical for characters which should be different?
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)