Re: lynx-dev options menu bug?

From: Brian Biswas
Subject: Re: lynx-dev options menu bug?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:50:36 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the quick response!

I found the string in the archives and read through the *interesting*
discussion.

This issue arose when a user here at UNC set Show Options
to ignore--saved the options page and then was confused when
he restarted lynx and Show options was the default again.

My two cents: If you have this option on a page that
has a box "Save options to disk", it should be saved to disk!
If some options are not going to be saved to disk, it
should be clearly labeled on that page.

I'll tell the user about the secret "[" command, though. At
least then he won't have to go into the options menu to change
the Show Options setting every time he starts lynx up.

Again thanks for the response.

--Brian