Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev8: CPU problems connecting to a site

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev8: CPU problems connecting to a site
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:23:19 -0400 (EDT)

> It is nothing very mysterious (no need to assume anything is wrong with
> malloc).   From Tom's CHANGES
>
>       Add configure option --with-charsets to specify list
>       of charsets which are not suppressed
>
> Apparently, the way that lynx was compiled, "windows-1252" is not a
> directly known charset.  In previous code version, it always[*] was
> (unless one tweaked UCdomap and/or .tbl files by hand).

sorry - I didn't consider the problem of runaway recursion, but had in mind
that there would be a lot of potentially dead code to prune away (ifdef'd).

The with-charsets option is intended to address the concerns of some people
about the runtime size of lynx as well as to get a handle on what it would
take to provide runtime-loadable charsets.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden