Re: lynx-dev User Agent

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev User Agent
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 19:07:49 -0400 (EDT)

990829 David Woolley commented on
  http://www.aasa.dshs.wa.gov/access/waddell.htm :

this document renders adequately using Lynx 2-8-2dev.19 ,
the only problem being a modest surfeit of blank lines;
certainly however, the HTML is grotesquely complex.

> If you are serious about writing accessible documents,
> start with Notepad, not MS-Word, write everything in plain text,
> then add HTML structures to reflect the structure of the document.
> Only then start considering appearance.

this advice should be carved in virtual stone somewhere visible to everyone.
Notepad isn't essential, but any simple text editor:
i use a quick'n'simple version of Emacs on UNIX & Brief on DOS.

as an example of simple HTML with readable output,
Ms Waddell might look at  www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/lhfb.html ,
tho' even there some lynx-devers find my use of <br> excessive.