Re: lynx-dev curses on/off and HTTelnet (was: DOS patch for dev.8)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev curses on/off and HTTelnet (was: DOS patch for dev.8)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:27:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, I wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
>
> > I still think the stop_curses should have been done within getfile();
> > and if I understand you right, that should include the eth_release,
> > and possibly other calls necessary.  Could you check whether curses
> > has indeed been already turned off at that point?  (LYCursesON should
> > be FALSE.)  If not, something's wrong in getfile.
>
> OK. I presume that this would be checked by adding a line to the code
> that would write to the trace file. Is testing for this in HTTelnet.c

I checked a trace file while telnet'ing. stop_curses() is called
from getfile(). Within HTTelnet.c, in function remote_session(),
LYCursesON is FALSE. It isn't clear to me why _eth_release is needed
to allow MSKERMIT to function properly when called from within lynx,
since stop_curses() calls _eth_release. This may be something within
WATT-32, since it wasn't necessary with 2.0 dev.rel.4, but was with
2.0 dev.rel.5. I'll try to look, but perhaps Gisle knows what is
happening. In any case, stop_curses() seems to be called properly from
getfile().
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman