Re: lynx-dev lynx HEAD requests

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx HEAD requests
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 06:37:30 -0400 (EDT)

I ran into an unexpected behavior with head requests yesterday as well.

I typed:

$ lynx -head www.cas.org
The '-head' switch is for http HEAD requests and cannot be used for
'www.cas.org'.

and couldn't figure out what the error message meant.  Only today did I
figure out that what the msg really means is

Lynx requires the string "http://"; to be on the front of any sites used
in -head requests.

--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>