Re: lynx-dev Patches questions

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Patches questions
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 13:03:31 -0400 (EDT)

> Are the patches cumulative?  I get the following:

no - so far we're discussing different versions of the same patch.  For
situations like this, it's better to have just one small patch rather than
three.

-- though it would be nice if Lynx showed the unreadable files' permissions...

>     Forbidden; Your client is not allowed to access the requested object.
>
> when I attempt to access either of:
>
>     http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/release2-8-2/patches/lynx2.8.2rel.1-fix.patch.gz
>
> http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/release2-8-2/patches/lynx2.8.2rel.1-fix2.patch.gz
>
> Is this is because fix3 incorporates and supersedes fix2 and fix, or is this
> a problem?
>
> And when I apply and build with the two later patches, I get the following
> startling difference in executable sizes:

That is odd - my recollection of the changes involved is that they should
make very little difference in the executable size.  Perhaps one was
optimized, and the other not?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden