lynx-dev Additional README File for pre-compiled Lynx (W95) (fwd)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev Additional README File for pre-compiled Lynx (W95) (fwd)
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 18:00:39 -0700 (PDT)

Scythe X tried to send this to lynx-dev, but got the address wrong. I
am glad that someone who just started using lynx was willing to try to
put this together. I think it would need some polishing before being
distributed with any binaries for Win32. Of course, the shortcut needs
to be to lynx.bat, rather than to lynx.exe, and a recommendation about
changing the default shortcut properties to increase the environment
space would probably be indicated. Is anyone beside Wayne distributing
a sample lynx.bat file with the binary? How much basic operating
system knowledge (e.g. how to use an editor) should we assume for
such a document? Is there any reason to try to make platform-specific
readme files uniform across different distributions, at least to some
extent?
                             Doug

__
Doug Kaufman