Re: lynx-dev beginner's firewall problem

From: Allan Tejano
Subject: Re: lynx-dev beginner's firewall problem
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 16:17:56 +0800

I got the same problem with Mr. Senqiang.
So how exactly should we run lynx in the command line if we don't configure
or edit the lynx.cfg?
That is if we use proxy.

Aran

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> on 09/07/99 07:57:55 AM

Please respond to address@hidden

To:   Zhou Senqiang <address@hidden>
cc:   address@hidden (bcc: allan)

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Zhou Senqiang wrote:

> Hi,
>  I run lynx version 2.8 rel 2 on linux 2.2.5.
>  Every time I type a command like: "lynx http://www.yahoo.com";
>  there is an error message: "Alert: Unable to access document".
>  I configured the http proxy in  lynx.cfg .  My machine is behind a
firewall.

How exactly did you configure the proxy?
Do any other programs work through the proxy?  If yes, how did
you specify the proxy for them?

Note that trailing slash is necessary for lynx, as shown in the
examples in lynx.cfg.

   Klaus