lynx-dev Most users' experience (was: 2.8.3dev.8 patch 3...)

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Most users' experience (was: 2.8.3dev.8 patch 3...)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 17:02:03 -0400

On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 03:56:06PM -0400, Gregory A Lundberg wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 02:37:34PM -0500, Klaus Weide wrote:
> > I dare say that's most lynx users' experience...  It seems you are having
> > some display problems - wrong curses library, wrong terminfo or something
> > liek that.  (If you just mean you you don't like the way lynx displays
> > some web pages, then that's not relevant for testing how well the FTP
> > protocol client works.)
> The darned thing scrolls the screen on every link, rendering the page
> unreadable.  Does not do it with the Redhat RPM, only when I try to install
> the offical tarball from lynx-dev.  Makes browsing an FTP index very hard
> .. have to count lines and hope I get it right.  We won't even talk about
> what Microsoft's site looks like; I take it as a given they do'nt know what
> they're doing, so I don't care if  it's unreadable.

I'll throw in my $0.02: my experience has been that Lynx works on
every UNIX system I've tried without any of the funny behaviour you
mentioned. I've had great success with SCO, HPUX, NetBSD, FreeBSD, DEC
UNIX, SGI, oh, and SunOS. I also understand how to set TERM, which helps
:-)

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
I just thought I'd warn you - this will be a waste of time.