Re: lynx-dev Additional README File for pre-compiled Lynx (W95) (fwd)

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Additional README File for pre-compiled Lynx (W95) (fwd)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 21:13:49 -0700

Just a few comments/suggestions....

On or about 06 Sep, 1999, Doug Kaufman
<address@hidden> wrote:

        [...]

> [...]

        [...]

> *First, make certain that your "lynx_w32" folder is in your
> "C:" drive,

Probably should say something like 'on your hard drive (probably
the "c:" drive)', a la the part below in the *Fourth section.

> and not within another directory. (C:\lynx_w32\)
>
> *Second, open Notepad. Notepad is a text program in Windows 95

[, normally found on the "Start" menu under "Accessories"].

> If you do not know where it is, use the "Find File" option from
> the Start menu. If you are still unable to find it, use another
> word processor instead

[, making sure to *save the file as plain text*], "word
processors" being prone to add formatting stuff.

> (but chances are that_you_do_have_Notepad).
>
> *Third, select "Open..." from the File menu. The "Open"

        [...]

> *Fourth, in the "Open" window, navigate to your "lynx_w32"

        [...]

> @ECHO OFF
> set term=vt100
> set home=d:\win32
> set temp=d:\tmp
> set lynx_cfg=d:\win32\lynx.cfg
> d:\win32\lynx.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
>
> Now, I am not sure what the drive letter of your hard drive
> is. It is probably "C:". But, for all I know, it might be
> "X:". If you do not know otherwise, it is probably "C:". So
> change the "d:" to "c:". Like this:

Something to this effect should probably go higher in the file,
too (see above).

        [...]

> *Fifth, create a Shortcut to "lynx.exe" (C:\lynx_w32\lynx.exe) and move it
> to the desktop. Double click this shortcut and Lynx will begin to load.
> Happy browsing!

Are some "Shortcut Creation" instructions needed?

> This file was made by Scythe_X.
> [end]
>
> There it is. Hope you can use it.
> Scythe_X