Re: lynx-dev cache control

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev cache control
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 03:05:40 -0400 (EDT)

990912 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Philip Webb wrote:
>> i'ld like to be able to say, eg in  lynx.cfg ,
>>   IGNORE_CACHE_CONTROL:YES
>> do you have any pointers, comments or suggestions?
> There should be much more detailed control;
> just one binary flag doesn't cut it...

-- lengthy commentary snipped --

> Is that enough "pointers, comments or suggestions" for now? :)

certainly enough comment (smile), but no pointers/suggestions AFAIK ...

i'm not interested in expiry dates etc etc,
simply in getting the news stories which the WP/other sites list:
eventually fresh stories appear in their indexes
& meanwhile i assume what they send is the latest they have.

all that takes is the binary flag above:
I (emphatic) want to tell Lynx to cache ALL documents it receives
-- i set the limit at  20  -- , regardless of what anyone out there says,
leaving me the option of  ^r  if i want to get a fresh copy.
that should be real easy & something many real-life users would prefer,
so any pointers/suggestions (smile)?