persistent cookies (was: lynx-dev bug fix needs fixing)

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: persistent cookies (was: lynx-dev bug fix needs fixing)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:12:14 +0400 (MSD)

26-Aug-99 11:02 Klaus Weide wrote:

> It would be nice if you could update it yet again.  Otoh there are other
> problems with cfg-reloading, this one change doesn't make that much of a
> difference in making it generally usable.  (I think I have never tried
> what happens if one changes the cookiefile and then reloads, with the
> logic as now in the patch.  Cookies may get just written to the new
> file instead of the old one from where they were read, which probably
> isn't too bad - maybe even what should happen.)

Looks reasonable but there is an exception: if the new cookie file exists
and not empty it won't be re-read currently with reload_read_cfg()
so its original content will be lost on exit - that was my point.

>From the previous discussion on persistent cookies it was focused that there
is no correct way to concatenate two cookie files since server can force
changing the expiration date so the newer cookie file may remove that (now
obsolete) entry while the old file still have a valid entry for that cookie.
(Of couse, this is a rare case).