Re: lynx-dev tech. question: translating strings to different charsets

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev tech. question: translating strings to different charsets
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:34:46 +0900 (JST)

>  The HY* settings  control different aspects (one defines directory, one
> controlls boolen value, others provide means for pattern matching) - so it's
> not reasonable to group them under one big setting (and I will need to write
> code similar to LYreadCFG.c - ie binary search in the space of the allowed

I believe it IS not only reasonable, but also sensible to group all
settings related to any one feature together under one common name for
the reasons stated in the thread "lynx.cfg bloat (was various fixes)",
Aug. 1999.  Grouping offers the advantages of helping to prevent separation
of like settings, facilitates the combining and integration of expanation
of settings _by feature_, and makes adding on sub-features or additional
settings easy to do in a rational and efficient manner.

Sorry, but I do not sympathize with "I will need to write ...".

__Henry