lynx-dev Alternate editor problems

From: Ed DeWan
Subject: lynx-dev Alternate editor problems
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 22:36:03 -0500 (CDT)

I am having trouble with the mailer portion of Lynx. When
I am at a site and request that the mailer be fired up on
an address, I get into my alternate editor (vi) OK, but
when I leave the editor I invariably get an error message
saying that the alternate editor failed. The message goes
through when I respond appropriately the the y/n query,
so this is not a serious problem. HOWEVER, once in a while
I will inadvertently press Ctrl-X, thinking I am in Pine,
and this locks up Lynx so that I have to kill my connection
in order to get a session back. Do you know why this is,
and what I can do about it? Thanks. (Following is the
information page for Lynx.)

                     You have reached the Information Page

Lynx Version 2.8rel.2

File that you are currently viewing