lynx-dev Re: Problem running Lynx

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Problem running Lynx
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:31:19 -0400

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 01:22:09PM -0700, Kevin Woo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Linux Mandrake 6.0 and I am having problems running
> Lynx.  After the FULL Linux installation, I type "lynx" on the command
> line and here is what I get:  "metamail: Can't open temporary file!".
> Would you have any information on how to get past this error?

Yes, we do :-)

This is a FAQ, and has been added to the Lynx FAQ (see below):

   Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.mandrake
   Subject: Re: Lynx ?????
   Date: 1999/09/04
   Author: lou <lvegas at rocketmail.com>

Just create a tmp directory in your home directory and that should fix it.

Huylebroeck J\xe9r\xe9my wrote:
> I didn't succeed to use the rpm version of lynx on mandrake 6...
> I get this error when I run lynx in a shell :
> "metamail error :an't create temporary file"
> what does it really mean ? What metamail does for lynx ?
> Anybody succeed to use lynx under mandrake 6?
> I like use lynx to read html doc without launch X session.
> any help ??
> jhuylebroeck at nordnet.fr

   This document is: http://www.slcc.edu/cgi-bin/lynx/fom?file=110

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
A brain the size of a planet and this is what I'm reduced to:
A terminal at Cardiff.   How utterly depressing.