lynx-dev patch to spawn extra lynx's

From: Richard E. Hawkins
Subject: lynx-dev patch to spawn extra lynx's
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 13:26:09 -0500

I've almost finished a patch to allow a middle-click to spawn an extra
lynx in a new xterm, as with netscape and mozilla. This is the last
pieces I need before abandoning netscape for daily use (when I go to
news sights, I like to fire everything off, otherwise I forget to go
back).

But I'm probably going to need a bit of help :)

I'm not completely new to this; I added the current index insertion
commands to lyx, and wrote the mail-merge patch. Even so, most of what
I program is at a high level, rather than low.  Text parsing for lyx,
and using Fortran to bash numbers into submission.

The first burning question is making the patch.  Right now I'm coding
against the debian source for 2.8.1.  I cp -a 'd this directory,  so
will

   diff -r -b -B lynx-2.8.1 orig.lynx-2.8.1 | zcat > mypatch.gz

Give a diff of a useful form for you folks?

And should I be using a 2.8.3.pre instead?  The advantage of what I
have is that it's already configured for my system.  Also, I see a
series of .3.dev patches, but not one to go from .1 to .2.  Where can I
find this (if I should be using it), and do I apply all of the dev
patches in order, or just the most recent?

Thanks

rick