lynx-dev Re: french version?

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: french version?
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 03:43:43 -0400

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 05:57:27PM -0400, T.E.Dickey wrote:
> "megelasr" wrote
> > Hello everyone,
> > I'd be interested to know if any french version of lynx exists and if so
> > where to download it?
> Lynx 2.8.2 can use a message library for most (assume "all") messages
> displayed by the program.  We have a message library for french - which
> is probably incomplete.  Perhaps you would like to finish (or maintain)
> that message library?
> The current version of lynx is 2.8.2 (2.8.3 in development)
> It's available at [ ... ]

Also see
  http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/po/fr.po

> >  in case of negative response, I plane [sic] to translate
> > all lynx display messages and help files and after configuration files.
> > But to make simple, which files in the lynx dev kit
> > contain the display messages?

The Translation Project is trying to help us with this.  Look at

http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0899/msg00467.html

for one piece of many threads over the last 2 years on this topic in
the Lynx developers mailing list archive.  We have fairly complete NLS
support in Lynx.  The Translation Project has a coordinator for each
language and package.  Perhaps some more volunteers will help them
complete more translations for Lynx.  I'm cc'ing the TP coordinator.

> >  Thanks for your help.

Likewise.

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>