Re: lynx-dev Lynx: Request to use a screen shot from your Web site in my

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx: Request to use a screen shot from your Web site in my forthcoming book.
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 15:21:01 -0700

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 09:52:05AM +0100, Michael Kleper wrote:
> Some time ago I sent you a message requesting your permission to use a
> screen shot from your Web site as an example in my forthcoming book, The
> Handbook of Digital Publishing (Prentice Hall, June, 2000). Screen shots
> are used as examples of "best in class" applications, or to illustrate
> processes, procedures, or technologies related to Web publishing.
>
> Since I have not heard back from you I am sending another request. All I
> need is your positive response that I do have your permission to use the
> image. My deadline is quickly approaching.
>
> Your cooperation would be most appreciated. Simply reply to this message
> with your approval.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> _________________________________
> Michael L. Kleper
> Professor
> Rochester Institute of Technology
> 70 Lomb Memorial Drive
> Rochester, NY 14623
> 716 475-2773
> 716 475-5804 fax
> _________________________________

I mainly "lurk" here on this email list -- am not "official" in any way.

Frankly, I don't know just who "owns" the web site; for the several
years I've been here it has been at two different locations --
someone manages to find some computer somewhere, often at a school,
that we can use.

I myself can't see how anyone could complain if you took a
shot of the site and put it in a book as a "wonderful site".

ESPECIALLY if you ALSO said that LYNX was the best darn browser
you'd ever seen!  (And FREE, too)_

(Although you'd better actually try it before you say that --
you can get the software from that very site you are talking
about).

David Combs