lynx-dev Telnet to NT (was: Lynx and Windows NT)

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Telnet to NT (was: Lynx and Windows NT)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 16:41:51 -0400

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 07:00:11PM +0100, Tony Arnold wrote:
> I've installed Lynx on my Windows NT system and it work fine when I
> use the system locally. However, I can also telnet into the NT system
> and have tried using Lynx, but all I see is the info at the bottom of
> the screen hinting at what keys I can press. I do not see any of the
> page contents.
>
> I suspect this is a NT problem, or possibly the telnet daemon (I'm
> using Exceed 6.1), but if anyone's got a workaround it would be much
> appreciated. I've tried it with both Microsoft's telnet client and
> also QVTnet's telnet client.
>
> (This is a useful thing to do as some sites I visit are restricted by
> IP address).

You should try to get a better server to use than trying to use NT for
this.  Any flavor of UNIX or VMS would work for what you're trying to
do.  The Win32 ports of Lynx will work OK on local mode, and also
remotely with VNC : http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/ .

<shudder>telnetting into NT</shudder>

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
As bad days go, this is one of the worst.