Re: lynx-dev Crypto Question

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Crypto Question
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:27:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, T.E.Dickey wrote:
>
> > > Where and how, specifically, do I tell the Lynx configure and make
> > > about my Open SSL files? I am unable to use the standard directory
> > > structure (/usr ...) and, therefore, plopped Open SSL into a directory
> > > in my home dir.
> >
> > you don't - the makefile looks for SSL in a particular place -- iirc,
> > /usr/local/ssl (so you would edit the makefile if that doesn't match).
>
> Tom, this is a bit unusual. Shouldn't we normally expect configure to find
> the libraries when the environment variable LIBS is set to
> "-L/path_to/ssl/lib" and CPPFLAGS is set to "-I/path_to/ssl/include", where
> path_to is the path to the parent directory for ssl. I haven't tried to
> compile the SSL lynx binary, but this syntax for interacting with configure
> generally works for other libraries not in the usual place.

Configure doesn't look for SSL. You have to specify its location in
makefile.in. The way I do is to set SSL_DIR in makefile.in to
/home/ismael/ssl before configuring.

Ismael
       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden     |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://ismael.cordeiro.com/    |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael |