Re: lynx-dev a new kind of radio button?

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev a new kind of radio button?
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 20:59:51 -0700

On or about 30 Sep, 1999, Henry Nelson
<address@hidden> wrote:

> > Go to http://www.allmusic.com
> > On links approximately 9 through 12, you'll encounter radio buttons.
> > On their old site, there were artist, song, label, etc.
> > (The default is set to artist.)
> > On their new javascript horror, there's no text at all with
> > the radio buttons. (Maybe they're gifs or something.)
> > So, unless there's a trick I don't know, lynx users can't know what
> > option they're checking.
>
> You can coax Lynx to give you this display:
>
>      (*) [25][artists.gif] ( ) [26][albums.gif] ( ) [27][songs.gif] ( )
>                    [28][styles.gif] ( ) [29][labels.gif]

In case a little more specificity would be helpful, in the
'o'ptions screen I set 'show images' to 'ignore' (to reduce
clutter) and 'verbose images' to 'show filenames' (to get Henry's
[xxx.gif] labels).  Then, on the page in question, the 'inline
toggle' key ('[') turns the labels on and off.

If your tolerance for dozens of [spacer.gif]'s, etc is higher
than mine, I believe setting 'show images' to 'as labels' instead of
'ignore' will make Henry's example the default display.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>