Re: problems for blind users (was: lynx-dev Licensing Lynx)

From: Janina Sajka
Subject: Re: problems for blind users (was: lynx-dev Licensing Lynx)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 16:01:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, karen lewellen wrote:

> I am a blind user and have used lynx either as a part of delphi, or more
> recently as a stand alone driver for a few years
Do you mean you're now using Lynx32 or Lynx386? Or are you using Lynx on a
unix shell service that you dial into?

> problem i have had, is not really a problem, just a wish.  many programs
> write to the bios, allowing speech to be automatic.  I would love lynx to do
> this, saving me the time in using full screen commands.
I get excellent speech from both Lynx32 and from Lynx on my unix shell
using asap and a Doubletalk internal speech synthesizer.

Can you say more? What do you mean by "full screen commands?" What speech
software and hardware do you use for speech?

> on a different note, can lynx deal with real audio?

Yes. Lynx32 can with a proper plugins/.mailcap file and a proper install
of Real Audio.There are several tweaks in your autoexec as well. Please
tell me the above, and I'll try to get your real audio up with you.