lynx-dev Re: this client no spt HTTPS urls

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: this client no spt HTTPS urls
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 22:29:08 -0400

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 08:40:00PM -0400, I wrote:
> > Secure proxy to bob.bob.bofh.org:443
> >           to     212.32.9.66:443 (0)
> > fixconn caused an exit: 1
> I don't know about e?ssl proxies, but building the NetBSD package for
> openssl and then following the directions in the FAQ I built a lynx
> binary that can access https pages.

Following up my own message--I built edssl, and it has the same problem
that openssl and Netscape have for that matter getting to the place I
use for testing https; www.moxienet.com/lynx/. If someone has a few
sites they would like to suggest as tests of ssl/https connections,
please add them to the FAQ-o-Matic page:

http://www.slcc.edu/cgi-bin/lynx/fom?file=22

Thanks!

====
edssl says this in /var/log:
Connect from       127.0.0.1:65014 (18)
Secure proxy to www2.liii.com:443
          to  198.207.193.41:443 (0)
fixconn caused an exit: 1
====
lynx-ssl says this in status text:
Alert!: Unable to make secure connection to remote host.