lynx-dev Re: Lynx options

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx options
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 07:21:15 -0400 (EDT)

> To Whom It may concern;
>
> I would like to use Lynx for a project that requires the use of a telnet
> browser.  My display for this project is very limited. (20W X 8H).  With
> this display size I can't afford to waste any space.  Is it possible to
> stop Lynx from ; adding two spaces to the left of all character lines
> displayed (i.e. start from chartacter position 1 on a display line) and
> not display any help or status text at the bottom of the screen.  As for
> the spaces at left, I have tried to use the appropriate META tags to no
> avail.

well, it's always possible - I don't think the code has been parameterized
to support this (it's all constants in the relevant section).  I'll take
a look to see how much work is involved.

The current version of lynx is 2.8.2 (2.8.3 in development)
It's available at
        http://lynx.browser.org
        http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/release
        ftp://lynx.isc.org/lynx-2.8.2