Re: lynx-dev LYNX: so eg mutt can run it as "server"?

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: so eg mutt can run it as "server"?
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:43:41 +0900 (JST)

> I think you're out of luck with passing a file to a running
> lynx, and you'll need to just spawn a new lynx process on a
> message-by-message basis, via a .mailcap file.

With the use of procmail, a script to process the mail (I used a gawk
script) and have lynxcgi compiled in you can view html-ized mail fairly
effortlessly.  (However, I've opted to remove it from all mail before
it even gets into my mail box, so I don't have a Lynx set-up anymore.)

Jim Spath used to have a page up somewhere that had a "sonofbabymail.pl"
script that did the processing of the mail.  If you look back far enough
in the archives you should find some info on how to set it all up (about
March or April of 1997).

__Henry